Vantage Roofing specialises in maintenance and re-roofing of all types of residential roofing including Metal Roof Sheets, Roof Tiles (Terracotta and Gerard Tiles).
Asbestos Remove & Replace policy
Vantage Roofing specialises in the removal, and disposal of Asbestos containing material and re-roofing.
We guarantee that all asbestos related work will be undertaken by qualified employees holding B Class licence in asbestos handling and that all work will be conducted to the relevant Australian Standards.
All jobs involving asbestos the following safety measures will be undertaken;
- A work method statement outlining all of the hazards and various controls measures associated with the task will be developed in consultation with our employees. Warning signs and barriers will be erected.
- As required friable asbestos will be sealed with a coloured PVA sealer or wet with water.
- Coveralls and an approved respirator (P2) will be worn by all employees.
- All sheets will be lowered safely to the ground to minimise breakage and the spread of fibres.
- Ceiling cavity will be vacuumed and sealed with a PVA sealer.
- Once removed any asbestos containing material will be stacked on 200um polythene sheeting, wrapped and sealed for disposal.
- Any remaining asbestos residues will be removed with the use of an approved “H” class vacuum cleaner.